Therapy Duck

Becky89*

Songster
11 Years
Apr 11, 2008
pennsylvania
I've been thinking about turning my male Peking into a Therapy duck. He's great with the school kids that visit and he loves attention. I take him to the Farmer's Market sometimes and set up a petting zoo area where they can hold him and pet him. Dominic loves his picture taken and he will sit on a strangers lap for hours and hours if I let him.

I've seen different articles where other people have tried it and it seems to be working for them I just don't know what I have to do for it to work for Dominic and I.

Help me I want to make this idea real
hu.gif
fl.gif
thumbsup.gif

Am debating on getting a duck, can choose male or female. Sounds like males are more fun and pet like. Is he loud or messy. We're backyard chicken owners in town. What do you think of just one male duck...do you think I'm asking for trouble from neighbors?

I diaper Dominic if the school teachers call and ask me to bring him into the school for random reasons. He's kinda my mom's farm Mascot cause everyone knows him
tongue.png
big_smile.png

That is so great that he can be held and is so friendly. I think its a super idea to make him a therapy duck! Sounds like he's already doing the job. I held my pekin once when I had to get some other ducks out of my pen. Had to grab her to do it, but she was SOOO soft. I think folks would love to hold a duck. Good luck!

I was thinking this after I saw a tv news program about therapy dogs and there was a call for people to volunteer their dogs for therapy. I thought, "why not ducks?" I say, start a trend!

Back
Top Bottom