There Is A Duck In My Bath!

Oddyse

Songster
8 Years
May 21, 2011
Bristol
Hey guys, whilst my ducks are living the old duck house, they are getting very, very muddy. I only have one white duck and the dirt really really shows, she is also disabled and can only use one leg properly. So, I had the great idea of taking her in for bath! OH.....MY....GOD! Soon as she got in the bath it was pure carnage! Water EVERYWHERE! Im glad I live alone because I thought it was really really funny! Well, she is all clean now and is sitting on some towels watching old reruns of Batman!

duckyfromoz

Quackaholic
10 Years
Jan 11, 2010
Australia
I love bath time!! Ducklings are gorgeous...but letting a disabled duck in the water is even better. Floating in the water they quickly learn how much easier it is to move- and that they can actually SWIM!!!

My Ollie can make twice the mess that a bathfull of ducklings can. He loves his bath time moving up and down- and flapping his wings - drenching me. Sadly at the moment- he is going through a molt that has so far taken 2 months and with his feathers so sparse he doesnt get a bath as often as I would like.

You may live alone...but I bet I know what a huge smile you would have had on your face..and the words you may have used when taking to your duck about how much they were enjoying the bath - and at how much mess was made. I hope you decide to make it a more regular event, just with a mop handy for next time.

Oddyse

Songster
8 Years
May 21, 2011
Bristol
As soon as the new duck house is ready he shouldnt get muddy as its all pea gravel, but I will find an excuse to bring him up in the bath. Is it normal for him to have a really warm beak? I have never noticed it before!

Top Bottom