1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

There is something wrong my her...I just don't know what!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by TheJuan-n-Only, Aug 3, 2011.

1. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    My white ee, 8weeks old, is the bottom of the pecking order and there is something wrong with her! 1st she is getting pecked by the flock! But is the way she peeps. She doesn't peep, peep, peep like the rest, she is quiet all the time except when she sundenly shakes her head and loudly goes....PEEP!...does it all the time, is weird! (like chicken tourrets lol) Also she always looks hot, beek open wings a lil fluffed, laying down A LOT....is too weird. She eats and drinks fine, but is obvious something is wrog with her...I just don't know what....ugh!!!

2. guinea fowl galore

guinea fowl galore Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    is she pale? she could have lice/mites or worms?

3. chkn

chkn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Could it be a sneeze?

4. TheJuan-n-Only

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Quote:I thought about that and I looked her over and over and nothing "out of the norm" other than the missing feather where the other chicks pecked at her....I'll keep looking...

5. leadwolf1

leadwolf1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    Coccidia was my first thought....Corid would work well for that.

6. TheJuan-n-Only

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Quote:I did a little reading about it and it could be possible....were could I get Corid if infact she has it?

7. PAchickenlover

PAchickenlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    Most any feed store or tractor supply is where you can find Corid. Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by