There is something wrong with my hen.

If I would wash her feet how would I do it?Never washed any of my chickens Before.

I would just warm some water with epsom salts and allow her to soak for a bit before trying to get the dirt off. That way it will come off more easily if her foot is also sore to the touch. I would wear gloves while doing this just in case it's bumble foot.

PS, I love your dog!! :love

I would just warm some water with epsom salts and allow her to soak for a bit before trying to get the dirt off. That way it will come off more easily if her foot is also sore to the touch. I would wear gloves while doing this just in case it's bumble foot.

PS, I love your dog!! :love
Okay thanks for the info. Thanks, shes my big drolly baby and the light of my life shes turning 1 in a couple of weeks. I got her for my fourteenth birthday.

I'll get back to you later about how she looks. But she is eating and drinking on her own. the last time she laid an egg was probably a few weeks ago. I started to bring my goats and dogs into the chicken coop just before my hens all stopped laying. But the last time I felt her leg her ankle or whatever you call it was hotter than her other ankle.
I just checked on her and noticed on the bone near her butt on her belly there were not a lot of feathers which you can see where I circled it. View attachment 2009132
This is how it looks when she's standing.View attachment 2009135View attachment 2009139
I also noticed that a bit of her foot is green. The green is way brighter in real life. View attachment 2009141
The green is bruising. When you wash up her feet, have someone take photos of the bottoms of her feet as well.

I've been thinking, and maybe some of the more experienced chicken diagnostic experts can clarify, but I'm wondering if that could be early signs of frostbite? I don't live in a cold area so it's not something I'm personally familiar with but I googled some images when I saw that pretty snow and it looks kind of similar to early frostbite before it starts to turn black...

I've been thinking, and maybe some of the more experienced chicken diagnostic experts can clarify, but I'm wondering if that could be early signs of frostbite? I don't live in a cold area so it's not something I'm personally familiar with but I googled some images when I saw that pretty snow and it looks kind of similar to early frostbite before it starts to turn black...
Okay, she hasnt been outside since before it was -30 which was about 2 weeks ago could frost bite still be an option?

I see some missing toe tips in the first picture from frostbite, and in the second pic, it looks black on the bottom of the right foot. Bring her inside where it is warm to soak her feet, and take more pictures of the foot pads and tops. If it is too late, do the soak tomorrow.

I see some missing toe tips in the first picture from frostbite, and in the second pic, it looks black on the bottom of the right foot. Bring her inside where it is warm to soak her feet, and take more pictures of the foot pads and tops. If it is too late, do the soak tomorrow.
I only have Epson salts that have food colouring on them. Would the effect her? How much warm water should I put into the tub?

Back
Top Bottom