1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

There must be something in the water

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by ChicknThief, Apr 9, 2012.

1. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Songster

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Is it just me, or is EVERYONE pregnant right now!? It seems like every day I hear some new friend or co-worker announce their expectancy. And as much as I want to be purely happy for them, I have to admit that I am jealous.

I lost a baby in 2010 after carrying for almost 5 months. Ever since I have had what feels comparable to "empty nest" syndrome. I know I am still young and that this is ridiculous. It's not like I'm running out of time. But ever since then I have felt like something is missing in my life, and that feeling gets stronger and more devastating with each friend that announces she is pregnant. I have always known that I wanted a family and children. I was so incredibly happy when I found out I was carrying, even if it was at an inconvenient time in my life. I know some of you know what it's like to have that happiness ripped from you in this way. Is what I am feeling typical? And will it go away with time, or not until we try again?

2. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

I have lost a baby at about 4 months, that feeling -does- diminish on it's own- also I have had a successful pregnancy right afterwards (a year later as per Dr. recommendation) - I always wonder what I lost, who that might have been but It doesn't hurt now.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Why not try again now?? :)

4. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Songster

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Thanks Firetigris :)

Redhen: We are waiting to try again for a couple different reasons. First and foremost is that I need to get down to a healthier weight. I am not obese by any standard, but I have a connective tissue disorder that will make pregnancy dangerous for me if I am not in top shape. Another reason is that we know how much babies cost, and if we were to get pregnant right now, we wouldn't be able to afford buying a house further from the city any time in the next decade. As it is, we should be able to start looking for a house in about a year, but not if I am pregnant. We figure we will be able to try again in about two years. By then we should be in our home, and I should be at a stable and healthy weight.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by