There must be something in the water

ChicknThief

Songster
12 Years
Jan 12, 2008
Nor Cal
Is it just me, or is EVERYONE pregnant right now!? It seems like every day I hear some new friend or co-worker announce their expectancy. And as much as I want to be purely happy for them, I have to admit that I am jealous.

I lost a baby in 2010 after carrying for almost 5 months. Ever since I have had what feels comparable to "empty nest" syndrome. I know I am still young and that this is ridiculous. It's not like I'm running out of time. But ever since then I have felt like something is missing in my life, and that feeling gets stronger and more devastating with each friend that announces she is pregnant. I have always known that I wanted a family and children. I was so incredibly happy when I found out I was carrying, even if it was at an inconvenient time in my life. I know some of you know what it's like to have that happiness ripped from you in this way. Is what I am feeling typical? And will it go away with time, or not until we try again?

I have lost a baby at about 4 months, that feeling -does- diminish on it's own- also I have had a successful pregnancy right afterwards (a year later as per Dr. recommendation) - I always wonder what I lost, who that might have been but It doesn't hurt now.

Last edited:
Thanks Firetigris :)

Redhen: We are waiting to try again for a couple different reasons. First and foremost is that I need to get down to a healthier weight. I am not obese by any standard, but I have a connective tissue disorder that will make pregnancy dangerous for me if I am not in top shape. Another reason is that we know how much babies cost, and if we were to get pregnant right now, we wouldn't be able to afford buying a house further from the city any time in the next decade. As it is, we should be able to start looking for a house in about a year, but not if I am pregnant. We figure we will be able to try again in about two years. By then we should be in our home, and I should be at a stable and healthy weight.

Back
Top Bottom