There were three in the bed and the little one said: roll over! Or, menage et trois?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Mum, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Mum

Mum Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2011
    UK
    My khaki campbells have finally discovered I have a pond (I've had them 6 days [​IMG] ) and only because of some visiting wild mallards were occupying it [​IMG]

Well, I have a drake and two females (hens? ducks?) and one of the females is a white campbell.

Mr Drake, splashing merrily in the pond this morning, decided he'd have his fun with the female (brown) khaki campbell - well, it is almost Spring [​IMG] All went well; then he decided he liked it and would try again; only *this* time, while Mr D was taking care of his brown female, the white "female" campbell thought "Hey, this looks like fun!" and proceeded to climb on Mr D's back while he was romancing Ms Brown Campbell [​IMG]

Now, I do know the difference between a male and a female! Ms White does not have the little curl to denote masculinity. So, why oh why did she do this?

It was hilarious to watch, but somewhat .... confusing?

Thoughts?

2. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    :lau

She was probably just confused herself...

Do you have a pic of your white campbell? I have never seen one before :love

3. Mum

Mum Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2011
    UK
    *She* was confused?? That was nothing compared to me!! [​IMG] Here's a pix of my trio of Campbells [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Yes, she was confused. Hens get somewhat confused with that they are supposed to do during spring...

5. Sapokanikan

Sapokanikan Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2012
    Looks like you have an aspiring gender roles activist in your flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by