There's a strange fuzzing sound coming from my baby chick?,

FrostyWind

Songster
Jun 12, 2016
Good day,
I picked up my baby chick today (it's the same baby chick that just almost died from sunbathing) like I always do, to put them next to my face, cuddle them and šŸ˜¬ sniff them cause something about their baby feathers makes them smell so good I can't resist xD. Anyways he's next to my face and I hear this strange popping, fuzzing sound like you know the candy that pops in your mouth when it touches your tongue? Ya a sound just like that?
šŸ˜©šŸ¤§ Literally this chick can't catch a break for a couple days, it's always something new. First he almost died from sunbathing (couldn't stand at all, he turned into chicks that's about to die), then couple days later, he started moving very weak, couldn't keep his eyes open then later recovered and now this strange sound coming from inside him?
Anyone know what's causing the sounds?

Attachments

• IMG_20200224_115325.jpg
    IMG_20200224_115325.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_20200224_115431.jpg
    IMG_20200224_115431.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20200224_115354.jpg
    IMG_20200224_115354.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 37
I am not sure what the sound is. Is it in distress or breathing hard? Is it eating and drinking? Could you be hearing bowel sounds (like our stomachs growl?) Or could it be rattly breathing or crackles? Do you feel any puffy area that could be air under the skin?

Good day,
I picked up my baby chick today (it's the same baby chick that just almost died from sunbathing) like I always do, to put them next to my face, cuddle them and šŸ˜¬ sniff them cause something about their baby feathers makes them smell so good I can't resist xD. Anyways he's next to my face and I hear this strange popping, fuzzing sound like you know the candy that pops in your mouth when it touches your tongue? Ya a sound just like that?
šŸ˜©šŸ¤§ Literally this chick can't catch a break for a couple days, it's always something new. First he almost died from sunbathing (couldn't stand at all, he turned into chicks that's about to die), then couple days later, he started moving very weak, couldn't keep his eyes open then later recovered and now this strange sound coming from inside him?
Anyone know what's causing the sounds?
Any way you can record the sound so we can hear it?

How old is the chick?
Is it a crackling sound? Do you hear it only if you are holding the chick?

I am not sure what the sound is. Is it in distress or breathing hard? Is it eating and drinking? Could you be hearing bowel sounds (like our stomachs growl?) Or could it be rattly breathing or crackles? Do you feel any puffy area that could be air under the skin?
He's fine, eating normal, running normal, acting like a baby chick would.
It definitely wasn't the breathing.
It sounded like a fuzz like the popping candy you throw on your tongue.
Honestly I've never heard a chick, rooster or hen stomach grumble?

Any way you can record the sound so we can hear it?

How old is the chick?
Is it a crackling sound? Do you hear it only if you are holding the chick?
He/she is a month old
It does sound like a cackling sound, but that depends on if you think it's just a cackling noise like the natural sounds a chicken makes?
But this doesn't sound anything natural.
And yup you could only hear it if you're holding him close to your nose

Hey, I made a whole account just to respond to this thread, same thing is going on with my chick, did u ever find out what it was? how is ur chick now? hoping it was nothing serious? idk how to use this website so ugh just reply whenever u see this, im worried for my chick and ur the only person iā€™ve seen with the same exact issue. thank you ā¤ļø

Hey, I made a whole account just to respond to this thread, same thing is going on with my chick, did u ever find out what it was? how is ur chick now? hoping it was nothing serious? idk how to use this website so ugh just reply whenever u see this, im worried for my chick and ur the only person iā€™ve seen with the same exact issue. thank you ā¤
Welcome To BYC?
Can you get a video of her so we can hear it?

Back
Top Bottom