There's something wrong with my bantam rooster

Jul 20, 2020
Hello I'm new here!
I recently sold my bantam silver laced rooster and we were just notified by the buyer let's call her Cindy. Cindy now says the rooster is consistently gasping for air and is backing up. Cindy is not happy and she is thinking I sold her a sick bird. But the rooster was doing great at my home he was vaccinated twice and the only thing he did was the backing up which he didn't do here. We have told he we will refund her the money and she can return the rooster but if that does happen what do I do then? Please help!

She may have a no crow collar on him but it didn't look like that in the photos and videos she sent. I'll check and ask if his crop looks okay in the morning I don't think she'll appreciate me asking at 11

You will absolutely need to quarantine him when he's back on your property. No touchy touchy with your other birds. There's absolutely no telling what infected the fella at "Cindy's" house. I would treat him with amprolium for coccidiosis as soon as he's back too, as she may have a different type of cocci than you do. EVERY square inch of earth has this parasite, but there are several different types of it (think of them as cousins, different, but the same). The treatment will not hurt your guy in any way if this is not the issue, but failure to treat could prove fatal. The stress of the move could have been enough to reduce his immune system and allow this ever present parasite to overwhelm him. Do NOT offer him vitamin supplementation while treating with amprolium, but DO offer it afterward. The medicine works by imitating B-Vitamins, which the parasite consumes. Not real vitamins, not real food... parasite dies off. But your bird needs those vitamins too, so you boost them after treatment.
Praying for you and your feathered family.

Back
Top Bottom