1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Theres Something Wrong With my Muscovy

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Becca321, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Becca321

Becca321 Hatching

Nov 7, 2014
    this morning we found MingMing (the duck) laying down in her cage. Usually when I show her food she runs to me, but she just stayed there. I picked her up and her head flopped to the side. I tried to feed her but she didn't really acknowledge the food or water. I tried to support her to stand her up but all her weight was tilting back, like on her tail. If I let go she flops down. She's not responding to anything. Any suggestions? Thanks! -Elijah and Becca

2. Rachele anne

Rachele anne Chirping

Oct 30, 2014
    I can't help but I just wanted to let u no I'm hoping she'll be ok and hopefully @Amiga will help you she's really good

3. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Crowing 8 Years

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    It could be avian botulism. Other people here might have other advice on how to flush the toxins out.

4. Quote:! this is major!, she could have several things! including Duck enteritis otherwise called the DUCK PLAGUE, she could have avian influenza, or even a parasite, i would advise finding an avian vet or even an exotic animal vet immediately!!!!!! she can die if not treated critically soon!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: