Thermastat Question on which one.

tinners204

Songster
11 Years
Jul 12, 2008
Iowa
Could someone tell me a good digital thermostat to use with my homemade incubator. I tryed the water heater thermostat but it has such a temp swing even though I put it on metal box inside Ive decided to put a digital one instead. What website sells a good one at a reasonable price. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you sure you need to order it off the web? I found a good digital hygrometer (temp & humidity) at my local Wal-mart. For around $6 if I remember correctly.

Great question, I don't have the answer. Some have taken the electric skillet cord and rigged it to the incubator by dialing to the lowest setting possible they have been able to keep temperatures pretty steady. You can by the GQF, HovaBator wafer directly from GQF. Possibly you can try asking them about the digial thermostat. I bet they are expensive. The TX-6 that I have sells the thermostat unit, it is a printed circuit board thing and I think is sells for around $ 60.00. I hope mine does not break.

Ya thats what I'm looking for. I have no money in the homemade incubator. So a good thermostat is in line for it.

It has to be a 110 volt. Not a 24 volt. I've been searching the web and the price for one is around 90.00 with shipping. Wow!!!! Just might have to go back to the wafer idea. But if anyone else has an idea of an accurate way to regulate the temp in the bator please let me know

Thank you rebelcowboysnb I e-mailed 2 of them to see what the plus or minus is on the temperature. Not to bad a price. Better than some of the other places I've looked.

Back
Top Bottom