Thermocube question?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Terri O, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

I found some Thermocubes on line for around $15--is this the price that you have paid for these? Also there were some reviews that said they heated up and malfunctioned unless used with a low drawing device. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks--Terrio

2. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
    I think I paid about $12 for mine.
    I've only used them with 100 watt bulbs so far, and they are working fine

Edited to add:

$11.99 here:

http://www.horse.com/search.aspx

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  3. Intheswamp

Intheswamp Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    South Alabama
    Be sure you get the one designed to turn on at 35F and off at 45F as I believe they make several with different values.

Ed

4. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    $9.99 on ebay. And I love them we use them for all sorts of things around the farm. So far so good, I have had the oldest one prob 3 years [​IMG]

5. warmwater

warmwater Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2009
    Hi, I bought two before winter, I love mine. We have a heated water base for our girls, but I needed a thermocube for our roos, which are housed seperate. My DH made a couple of tin water heaters and we have them pluged into the cube. Our cube turns on at 35F and off at 45F. We have had some really freezing temps here and the cube does a great job of keeping their waterers from freezing.

Each one has two recepticals and I ordered them on Jefferslivestock.com for 10.95, when I was ordering other pet supplies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by