thermometer issues.

My next thing is a good hygrometer mine all read within 5 points of each other. But I can live with them for these next 2 hatches then im done, till November.
frow.gif

I use several thermos.

One is a digital, remote probe model, intended for aquariums or herpetariums. I got it off ebay for $5.
I use it with a water weasel.

Another is a scientific grade digital model I snagged at work. It is just used to chcek air temps from outside the bator.

Still another is a mercury bulb model made specifically for incubation. Again used for air temp monitoring, this time from inside the bator.

For a reliable thermo to be inserted in a water weasel or other egg simulator, I suggest one of the $3-$4 infant thermos from WalMart. You insert them in a water weasel from outside, through a hole in the bator's side, so the readout portion is accessible. They are for babies and are guaranteed to be accurate to within .2 degrees, out of the box. Thats good enough for incubation needs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put an oldfashion fever-thermometer in the incubator to check and both my digital once tuned out to be very wrong.
When checking thermometers they use for building incubators they are way more precise and have a narrow range they meassure. The normal thermometers I have that are the most accurate is the cheap alcohol-refridgerator thermometers from the supermarket.
I still put a fever thermometer in the incubator every day to double check.

Back
Top Bottom