Thermometers....GAH!

Attack Chicken

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu
11 Years
Sep 25, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
Warming up the bator today I noticed my thermometer that came with it was broken. took it out and put some glue to let it dry. Meanwhile I put 2 other thermometers in there 1 right below each window. On the left side it's reading exactly 100 degrees... on the right one it's reading 104-105 degrees. Not sure which one to agree with? It's a still air incubator and getting 2 dz qual eggs this week so I need it perfect! Gah! darn things!

What would you do?

you should try a mercury thermometer from your local pharmacy
they are pretty accurate

also easy to calibrate

Oh forgot to mention these are the old fashion kind with the mercury not the digital ones. going to get a digital one tomorrow and going to put back the one that came with the bator tomorrow.

Quote:
I am listening intently, never knew you could calibrate a Mercury one ??.

AL

Quote:
I am listening intently, never knew you could calibrate a Mercury one ??.

AL

pop.gif

On my BYC page I have an Incubation Cheat Sheet and pics of the thermometers I use and WHY.

I pitch the ones they come with immediately.

Sealed in glass is the only way to go.

Good luck!

Hmm Thats interesting! Never thought of the aquarium ones. I have one of those in my betta tank. I'll take that out tomorrow and put it in there and see what it reads. Right now there just sitting on the wire of the bator. The one that came with my incubator is the one that I've used for about 2 years and it's stapled to clear plastic... Any idea on a good hydrometer? had a battery one w/temp but I'm not sure if it was ever accurate.

Back
Top Bottom