These aren’t buff orpington chicks right?

Swinneg

In the Brooder
May 7, 2021
Hello! I bought three “buff orpingtons” pullets at my local farm store about a week and a half ago and as they’re feathering out I’m starting to think that they might be something different.... any guesses on breed or gender?

first up is Parmesan who is very yellow/creamy with these new black and brown feathers coming in. Her legs are also tanish orange
7EAF29F7-0557-4DEA-B525-02B7C53A6F85.jpeg

Next is pepperjack who looks similar to parm but with less black in her wings
825273FA-D2F0-4F42-884D-9090F846611C.jpeg

finally we have Mozzarella who is smaller than the other two and all white. She also Has bigger wing feathers and tail feathers than the other two. Also her feet are dark gray blueish I guess.
03242408-2C2C-420E-B19F-02826E96852B.jpeg

thanks for all your help! Hoping they are at least ladies since we can’t have roosters :(

Hello! I bought three “buff orpingtons” pullets at my local farm store about a week and a half ago and as they’re feathering out I’m starting to think that they might be something different.... any guesses on breed or gender?

first up is Parmesan who is very yellow/creamy with these new black and brown feathers coming in. Her legs are also tanish orange
View attachment 2654769

Next is pepperjack who looks similar to parm but with less black in her wings
View attachment 2654770
finally we have Mozzarella who is smaller than the other two and all white. She also Has bigger wing feathers and tail feathers than the other two. Also her feet are dark gray blueish I guess.
View attachment 2654771
thanks for all your help! Hoping they are at least ladies since we can’t have roosters :(
What an interesting mix you got! You are right, none of these are Buff Orpingtons. Too early to tell genders. What comb type do they have? I can not tell in photos, but do not look like single combs. Can we get close up photos of combs?😊

What an interesting mix you got! You are right, none of these are Buff Orpingtons. Too early to tell genders. What comb type do they have? I can not tell in photos, but do not look like single combs. Can we get close up photos of combs?😊
Here’s mozzarellas and parmesans combs
A046A1D4-A3A6-4E3C-B946-60B91ED3F9DE.jpeg
BB9D8367-C118-4AED-9A48-9534D5D1AA4B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom