These EE chicks look like BCMs

saving grace

Loving Life
Premium Feather Member
Feb 2, 2021
Canada
If I sound like a complete noob in this post, that's because I am. :wee

So yesterday we picked up our 20 Easter Eggers we ordered. All are alive, healthy, and energetic. We got a variety of colors including, black with a little white, yellow, dark grey, and a beautiful blue/grey. Before we ordered all EEs we ordered a few black copper marans. The hatchery called us the hatch day and said the BCMs didn't hatch, so we got them to replace them with EEs instead.

When we got the chicks I noticed that some of the black and white chicks looked similar to BCM chicks. I researched it a bit and yes, a few of the chicks look identical to BCMs. They have feathered legs, same feet color, and white in all the spots that would be on BCMs.

Is this just a coincidence they look so similar to BCM chicks? Through all my research I haven't seen any EE chicks that look like my black ones. I would send a pic but they are so young and very hard to photograph. :p

So yesterday we picked up our 20 Easter Eggers we ordered. All are alive, healthy, and energetic. We got a variety of colors including, black with a little white, yellow, dark grey, and a beautiful blue/grey. Before we ordered all EEs we ordered a few black copper marans. The hatchery called us the hatch day and said the BCMs didn't hatch, so we got them to replace them with EEs instead.

When we got the chicks I noticed that some of the black and white chicks looked similar to BCM chicks. I researched it a bit and yes, a few of the chicks look identical to BCMs. They have feathered legs, same feet color, and white in all the spots that would be on BCMs.

Is this just a coincidence they look so similar to BCM chicks? Through all my research I haven't seen any EE chicks that look like my black ones. I would send a pic but they are so young and very hard to photograph. :p
Sounds like you got BCMs.

I hope you did get a few BCMs, because I like them too.

Check the combs. I have two BCMs and one half-BCM olive egger and the only way to tell them apart right now is that the BCM combs are single and dark, and the olive egger's comb is light and peacomb.

Last edited:
Do they look like these? I just hatched them 2 weeks ago. Mom is a BCM and dad is an EE. They looked identical to BCMs as day old chicks, and they all have feathered feet.

Attachments

• 20210421_181518.jpg
    20210421_181518.jpg
    476 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210421_181553.jpg
    20210421_181553.jpg
    532.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210421_181454.jpg
    20210421_181454.jpg
    444.6 KB · Views: 6
Do they look like these? I just hatched them 2 weeks ago. Mom is a BCM and dad is an EE. They looked identical to BCMs as day old chicks, and they all have feathered feet.
Mine are a little over two weeks old now, and I'm pretty sure they are all EEs. It's still possible that a few are BCMs, but I think it's unlikely. Mine have a lot less white on them than yours do, and they do have the black feet. Yours are adorable, thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom