They all made it!!

Eggnonymous

Chirping
12 Years
Aug 17, 2009
Carroll County, GA
D.gif
I am thrilled to report that I got the call at 6 this morning to come fetch our sweet peepers. I was excited when they handed me the box and heard them, but also a little afraid to look inside and find someone lifeless. Hooray - all 14 were alive and well...and I am officially smitten!!
love.gif

I was having a problem last night getting the temperature to the right range in the Rub. Md. XL bin "brooder". It seemed I was going to have to raise the lamp up so high they weren't going to have an area to get out of the heat, so I went out and got one of those dimmer cords - the kind you can plug a lamp into. HD didn't have the splice in kind, but this way I didn't have to ruin an extension cord. Works like a charm - thanks for the great suggestion - perfect timing for me!
bow.gif

Let's see, we have 2 Columbian Wyandottes (pale yellow with a gray saddle), 2 Black Australorps (solid dark gray w/yellow br. & belly), 2 Dominques (dark gray with light spot on top of their head). There are also 3 Welsummer, 2 Speckled Sussex, and 3 Silver Dorkings all of which have the same brown striped markings but with variations of breast color.
jumpy.gif

And now, without further ado, Our Happy Henlets...

39271_p1000440.jpg

39271_p1000435.jpg

39271_p1000442.jpg

A.T. Hagan :

I love opening the box and not finding any dead ones.

You and everyone else
cool.png
Im making my mom open the boxs first! ...some Highschool AGer i am!

Eggnonymous:
What is green stuff in the dish?​

Finding them all alive is soooo much better than finding none alive
lol.png
Hate that moment right before I open the box.........the suspense nearly kills me every time
fl.gif

Thanks everyone! I have just been sitting by the brooder taking it all in.
big_smile.png

Yes, Celtic Hill, Sune42 is correct that is Gro-gel. They took to it the best after I sprinkled some starter mash over it - then they were "all in". BTW if you order some it says it's for something like 100 chicks - whoa. The powder measures 1 1/2 tsp. + add 1/2 c. water. Since I plan to get guineas in a couple months I just halved it and saved the rest for later.

Domestic Goddess - I ordered from Ideal - they were very helpful and I plan to get my guineas from them unless I can find some locally.

Back
Top Bottom