They are in, please help identify

Chickens rock!mysocks :

I am pretty sure the yellow ones are americuanas. You can tell by the ear tufts.
smile.png

EAR TUFTS?
hu.gif
Where do I look..besides their ears.
roll.png

Hey there! I noticed that this was under the "pictures and stories of my chickens" Message Board. I didn't realize this before bc I got here by clicking a link from your original post when the babies arrived. I think you should post a link on the "what breed or gender is this?" MB, maybe you'll get more responses. Also: the dominique chicks will have a flat area where there is supposed to be a comb (rose comb), whereas Barred Rocks will have a few little bumps that look like serrations (single comb). Maybe the hatchery can tell you what is in their assorted pullets?

edit: I just checked meyer's hatchery assorted rainbow pullets for breed info, and I got nuthin'. Dang.
tongue.png

Last edited:
Maybe you are right..and no, these packs are created by left over chicks after specific orders are placed..I know it would be challenging
wink.png
LOL

My Meyer Hatchery chicks are not coming until August
ep.gif
but the Welp catalog has a description for the chicks as well as the adults. Someone already mentioned this, but Murray McMurray has the videos of chicks of many breeds. Congratulations!!!

Oh, I know how bad the wait can be
sad.png

I don't have a welp catelog and I did spend over an hour yesterday looking at those McMurry videos..I did learn some things..but it can still be so confusing. Meyer has very small pics of chicks in the catelog but it just doesn't show much...argh!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom