They are in the coop for the first night! Im nervous!!!

nuttyredhead

Songster
10 Years
May 3, 2010
Southern NH
The title says it all! I am a nervous chicken mom.... I have been out to check on them several times (scaring the heck out of them twice!)!!! I can't wait for daylight!!!!

I know the feeling; I was so worried too. We checked on them numerous times during the night, scaring the begeebers out of ours too. They'll be OK and I bet they really will love being outside.

You mean you didn't pack their little sleeping bags and lunch boxes with treats in them and their jammies???!?!??!?! You just put them out in the coop like CHICKENS?? (*teasing*)

I don't think I slept at all the very first time I put mine out full time. The second time, I did get some sleep, but it wasn't much. The third time, same as the second time. I have four more chicks which will need to go outside in about 4 weeks, and I was hoping I might get some sleep that time.... but I do it on a weekend JUST IN CASE, so I don't go to work all groggy and spaced out through lack of sleep.

*ahem* The first time, it was in Winter, so the heat lamp illuminated them all. The second and third time, I snuck some solar Christmas lights (white snowflake shapes) into the coop ahead of time, with the collector outside, so there was some dim light inside the coop until the lights ran out of juice. That way I didn't need to use a flashlight and wake them up when I checked on them.

It's a thought. Right? Worked for me!

Quote:
LOL!!!! My husband keeps asking if I want to sleep with them, since i keep checking on them lol!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom