They are on their way! Yay!

Apr 11, 2023
Southern Oregon
So the chicks i ordered back in February are finally on their way. I ordered from Mt Healthy and received a shipping notice this morning. This is my first time having babies shipped so is there anything i need to do. Does the hatchery give the post office all they need to contact me when they arrive or do i need to call them and set it up?

Thanks for the help!

So the chicks i ordered back in February are finally on their way. I ordered from Mt Healthy and received a shipping notice this morning. This is my first time having babies shipped so is there anything i need to do. Does the hatchery give the post office all they need to contact me when they arrive or do i need to call them and set it up?

Thanks for the help!
Yay! Enjoy! Hope they are all well.

So my babies are all doing well but i'm interested in normal hatchery procedure regarding extras....

My order was for 4 pullets and 1 roo and i recieved 1 extra. Until recently i assumed that the extra would be a pullet given my order percentage of 4/1. But i'm now questioning it as i have one that is feathering faster than the known roo (they marked him) but slower than the other 4. Could it be another boy or just a slower developing female?

Back
Top Bottom