They are on their way!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by maclady, Oct 16, 2012.

1. maclady

maclady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2011
    Lost in Space
    Sooo Excited. I have 6 babies on their way to me as I type this. I ordered all females, a Delaware, Barred Rock, Buff Orpington, New Hampshire Red, Rhode Island Red & Astralorp. I am getting them from Meyer & they shipped out yesterday. First time I have ever ordered chicks so a little nervous about them being ok with the temps jumping everywhere before they get to me. Everything is set up in the coop for their arrival already. I just can't wait. Kind of feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas and even my husband is a little excited to get the little ones. [​IMG]

2. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Congratulations! Post pictures when they arrive!

3. NJchixs

NJchixs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2012
    Jackson, NJ
    Yes, yes post some fuzzy butts.

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Congrats!

5. maclady

Jan 28, 2011
    Lost in Space
    They are home! Healthy & Happy chirping away. Will post pics asap. Camera is not wanting to talk to the computer. Sometimes I just hate electronics. [​IMG] Anyone know if they will be ok in the coop in brooder area with just the ecoglow 20? It will get down to 45 tonight. Im going to go try to find an answer now.

6. sparrker

sparrker Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2011
    Baldwinsville, NY
    I am getting chicks from meyer too, they hatch on the 29th. How long did it take to get yours? I assume they hatched Monday. I live in central NY and am hoping the get here on the 30th

7. maclady

Jan 28, 2011
    Lost in Space
    I had mine shipped Monday Oct 15 by 4:15 and they were here Tuesday Afternoon about 1pm. I'm not sure how long it would take to NY. I'm in NC. Good luck with your little ones!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by