They are poisoned again!!!

They are having all the signs of being poisoned. I just gave them apple cider vinegar to help it. We are going to get it tested.
Plain water...no fish stuff or ACV. Make sure they have water at all times and don't run out.

Did they run out of water and when you put more this happened?

About 2 weeks ago our ducklings got poisoned they lived but now it's happening again after drinking the water they will just fall over after drinking! Help Here is what they look like after poisoning sometimes they will have a seizure too!
I've seen this before, and it's not typical poisoning, it's some sort of reaction to drinking a bunch of water. I don't know if it's from drinking cold water and them going hypothermic or is it's from them drinking so much water that it dilutes their electrolytes.

The best way to prevent this is to offer warm water and to restrict the amount they consume for about an hour. What I mean by that is give them water and let them drink for a minute or two, remove water, repeat on 15 minutes. Do this until they are no longer guzzling the water.

Back
Top Bottom