They Are Starting To Pip- They're hatching! UPDATE Pics Added!!

Quote:
standard old english bbred game fowl not bantams

ok i see i was just wondering cuz on my first hatch my 1 and only silkie/bantam hatched earlier then the rest well still good luck

I just set 9 silkie's in my other bator in the egg turner this morning!
I never had silkies nor have I actually seen one before

Just remember, once they start to pip DO NOT OPEN THE INCUBATOR FOR AT LEAST 24 TO 36 HOURS!

No matter how tempting, don't do it. They'll be fine in there. Every time you open it, you lose humidity, and then chicks get "stuck" and you have to help them out and if they're not ready then they bleed and maybe die.

Just walk away, really.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Of course.......
right now this is what I am seeing.....oh btw it's now 3 eggs.......
I am seeing a triangle shaped blemish at the top of these eggs
you know the type of shape that you see when the shell gets
pipped? Anyway none of the shells have any visible hole that I
can see as of yet except 1 of them looks to have a tiny pin hole in it at the blemish. Cold this just be my imagination? Oh 1 of the eggs has moved.

celebrate.gif
congrads. I just finshing up a hatch have one just poped out and one more to go. have hatch starting tomarrow (day21) one came out this morning (it could not count i think) lots of pips tho.

William those are production birds so they should pop right out of there. Mdove dont panic if they stay just pipped for awhile they do that to absord the yolk and blood could be twenty four hours so dont open bator.

It doesnt get any easier either I have been hatching for 25 years and I still cant stand the wait. I have hatched about 400 chicks since december and have 130 in the bator now due over the next two weeks and the wait there is driving me crazy. I have 44 blue laced red wyandottes in due april fools day and cant wait for them as this is the first time hatching those. Hang in there you can do it and am glad you are being good.

Back
Top Bottom