They aren't pipping! Am I worried for nothing!?

Thank heavens for this thread. I am on day 21 (I set at 9 pm, so will hit day 22 in about 6 hours). One egg has pipped (noticed it at 9 am this morning), the others are still cozy in their shells. But the one that has pipped seems to look a little wrong positioned, as the pip is near the center of the side of the egg.

I will just keep telling myself to be patient, it doesn't need help! Why is this so hard? lol

Last edited:
I've still got 6 that haven't hatched yet. I know they aren't dead because they are chirping. Yes it is very hard!
barnie.gif

Patience everyone patience :pop

Good luck to you all :fl
I fully understand how you are all feeling. I generally resort to getting a chair and cushion to sit and watch. Not that it makes anything go any faster :barnie

It may straighten out on it's own. You might look up Wry neck, or crazy chick disease, or vitamin E encephalopathy. sometimes this issue is caused by vitamin deficiency. The easiest way to treat, and a good "to do" any way b/c it won't hurt any of them, and will actually be beneficial to all is to get some Poultry Nutri-drench for their water. When you take the one with the crooked neck out, you can put a drop of the nutridrench to the side of it's beak instead of dipping the beak in the water when they go in the brooder.

Back
Top Bottom