....they destroyed my garden...

combo85

In the Brooder
Apr 5, 2016
hi everyone,
i write you from italy ( we don't have specific forum so i was looking for a place of real experts...)
at first sorry for some grammatical mistakes i'll do for shure my english is not perfect, be patient.
i bought at the end of the winter a couple of indian blue of two years old. ( the peacock has no train, i think next year) and i kept them close until the end of march, than i opened the aviary and let them free.
they stayed into the garden e used to sleep on the roof of the house. i live in a perfect situation to keep them free ( no roads near the house, just fields, big garden and ancient trees into the propriety) but........in one week they litteraly destroyed the garden!!!
they have eaten wisteria flowers, roses, hemerocallis, succulents.... we have big flower beds into the garden...quite no one got safe!! i had to reput them into the aviary. any suggestion? i should no free them anymore? thanks for help!!

hi everyone,
i write you from italy ( we don't have specific forum so i was looking for a place of real experts...)
at first sorry for some grammatical mistakes i'll do for shure my english is not perfect, be patient.
i bought at the end of the winter a couple of indian blue of two years old. ( the peacock has no train, i think next year) and i kept them close until the end of march, than i opened the aviary and let them free.
they stayed into the garden e used to sleep on the roof of the house. i live in a perfect situation to keep them free ( no roads near the house, just fields, big garden and ancient trees into the propriety) but........in one week they litteraly destroyed the garden!!!
they have eaten wisteria flowers, roses, hemerocallis, succulents.... we have big flower beds into the garden...quite no one got safe!! i had to reput them into the aviary. any suggestion? i should no free them anymore? thanks for help!!
They will eat them for sure in my opinion unless you train them.

Nearly any type of domesticated fowl will clean out an entire garden in very short time if left alone to it, especially if there are vegetables or other things they like. Can you fence in your garden so they don't have access or put up some netting around the flower boxes?

and how i can train peafowls?
Keeping them away from something you would have to make it so they associate with something bad. For example, a person chasing them constantly when they step foot in there might work. My ducks I would chase off the porch and yell at them. They know to stay off of the porch.

http://s15.postimg.org/p72lzob4b/A815_E345_B62_B_402_B_9_C4_C_848_EA5_C943_C3.jpg
http://s29.postimg.org/ntd9nmcpj/EB6_E901_C_DBB3_4_A0_C_B9_A2_ACB45_DC29195.jpg
http://s14.postimg.org/4029px00h/IMG_2851.jpg
these a two pics, i'll do more tomorrow. thew garden is all fenced from the fields and into the garden the is another fence in wich live two tibetan goats and there is the aviary of the peafowls...but they flied out and stayed all day into the part of the garden with flowers. Actually bird were bought to decor the cultivated part.......i can't cut their wings because i have a lot of problems with foxes so they need to fly up the trees or the house when they're out of the aviary

Last edited:
Keeping them away from something you would have to make it so they associate with something bad. For example, a person chasing them constantly when they step foot in there might work. My ducks I would chase off the porch and yell at them. They know to stay off of the porch.
i used to wet them with water everytime they did something but when i was at work no one controlled them so they did everything they wanted and i coulnd't close them everyday because they never came back into the aviary

Back
Top Bottom