Moles destroying my vegetable garden. HELP!!!

Are gophers and stuff big enough that fence chargers can work on them to keep them out?

A .22 works on them, but now days carrying one of those around people would probably get scared and think you were up to now good.

I don't have a problem with moles. I do almost all my gardening in rasied beds. If I had a problem with moles, I'd put down some hardware cloth on the bottom of the raised bed and I suspect that would prevent any mole problems.

:idunno Unless, of course, moles can climb up the raised bed walls.

:old I have gone to raised bed gardening, 16 inches high, so I don't have to bend over much at all. Makes it really easy to maintain the gardens. Also, I can have much better soil in the raised garden then attempting to improve my in ground garden. I do Square Foot Gardening in the raised beds and have much better results than before. Some people use hardware cloth on the bottom of the raised beds to prevent the problems you are having. Good luck.

When explained how I worked guess does make sense but it getting rid of the amount I had going on was amazing. I guess the are attracted and eat it and the gum expands in the belly and ……
Sounds sad but I gotta eat too! My plants were stunted and in shock but they recovered well. Picked 15 + lbs of tomatoes, 30+ lbs of cucumbers & 4 lbs of snap beans through this week alone. Plus bell and pablano peppers coming in and ground cherries bounced back. No sign of the moles since.

I don't have a problem with moles. I do almost all my gardening in rasied beds. If I had a problem with moles, I'd put down some hardware cloth on the bottom of the raised bed and I suspect that would prevent any mole problems.

:idunno Unless, of course, moles can climb up the raised bed walls.

:old I have gone to raised bed gardening, 16 inches high, so I don't have to bend over much at all. Makes it really easy to maintain the gardens. Also, I can have much better soil in the raised garden then attempting to improve my in ground garden. I do Square Foot Gardening in the raised beds and have much better results than before. Some people use hardware cloth on the bottom of the raised beds to prevent the problems you are having. Good luck.
With where I’ve got everything and the 30 x 30 area I have not being enough raised beds is a little difficult.( I expand it just a bit every year ) do have some as a small back garden location though. I’ve only had trouble with that as far as moles one time. But you’re right raised beds are great. Just harvested lettuce out of one of the ones in the back and carrots are going in the other. The other is filled with my “Tea garden” ( bee balm, yarrow, chamomile,sage).

A good mouser works will too, there may be a spay and release program in your area.
It’s funny, you mention the mouser. I’ve always had one as far as my old property, and unfortunately the best one I’ve ever had his passed. So I’ve never too much run into this problem before. But where I live on my new property it’s predators in amounts I’ve never seen! And anyone who owns a cat out here knows if it’s left outside , You’re lucky that it survives a week. I live right next to a 4400 acre conservation area, so just about a bit of everything is passing through on the regular but you’re right and mouser is the best way because that’s how I never had to deal with him for at least 13 years of gardening before this And they work happily for free

Took me awhile to get back here. But about 12 packs of juicy fruit gum ( the stick) throughout their tracks. Gone a week later
I never heard of that till this year, which I’m surprised I haven’t. And even then I thought, sounded pretty ridiculous. But I was shocked it worked. And cheap!
It worked with moles ? I am being invaded can I stick the gum in their holes I have raised tunnels all over its terrible !!!

Back
Top Bottom