They grow so fast!

Farmington

Songster
10 Years
Jun 2, 2009
Northeast Ohio
My baby Mille fleur D'Uccles are 5 weeks old now, and I can't believe how fast they've grown!
I started out with these tiny little fuzzballs
33190_chick_pics_014.jpg

33190_chick_pics_018.jpg

33190_chick_pics_012.jpg

And ended up with these
33190_chick_pics_021.jpg

33190_chick_pics_025.jpg

33190_chick_pics_028.jpg

We love our babies, they've all got such personality!

Hopefully, I get their coop, and run finished this week so they can get out of the basement, and start living like real chickens! I've got 5 Easter egger hens, and a Buckeye roo coming on May 10th, and I need the brooder!

The pic of them lined up is funny, looks like they are demanding more space. They are all really cute! I may possibly get Mille fleur D'Uccles in my order that ships tomorrow. It's a feather-legged bantam mix, so I'm not sure yet what they will be, but the options are Cochins, Silkies, Brahmas, and Mill Fleurs, which I had never heard of before. It's good to hear they have great personalities, that's what I'm hoping for!

Quote:
Today is the first time they've ever been out of the house, so I put them in a dog crate for their own protection, and set them on the porch. I found a stick, and put it in to see if they would try roosting. It took a little while, but they figured it out, and monkey see, monkey do, there were 4 of them on there. It was funny to watch them try to balance on that stick, as it twisted back and forth, and they all wanted a better grip. They crack me up!

Cute!

We have one half d'Uccle, half Serama hen, and she's our favorite. We want more! I have five pure d'Uccle hatching eggs under one of our bantams, due to hatch this week. Fingers crossed!

And a clutch just hatched out yesterday, with two feather footed cuties in it. They must be from the eggs of our half d'Uccle hen. I hope they turn out to be hens so we can keep them both.

Back
Top Bottom