They hatched!!! supplemental heat?

Sounds good. Candling itself doesn't hurt the eggs.
So I went to let momma off her nest to potty in the yard and I noticed one is pipping but one has a green spot…is it rotting? .
156E569B-FB52-44FB-B043-A4AF00A0FF1E.jpeg

So I went to let momma off her nest to potty in the yard and I noticed one is pipping but one has a green spot…is it rotting? . View attachment 3448095
That might be a bruise from where a chick might be trying to pip. Do you have an incubator you can put them in? @RobinS1217
Can you smell it and see if it smells bad?

I had a rotten egg break in my hand, I've never gagged so hard in my life.

That might be a bruise from where a chick might be trying to pip. Do you have an incubator you can put them in? @RobinS1217
Can you smell it and see if it smells bad?

I had a rotten egg break in my hand, I've never gagged so hard in my life.
We lost the cord! We just have this separate brooder station where we have the momma on her nest. Half have hatched. Still waiting on the last 5. Giving them until Saturday as the momma was adding eggs to her nest for several days after we noticed her broody. It has a smell but I don’t think it smells rotten.

We lost the cord! We just have this separate brooder station where we have the momma on her nest. Half have hatched. Still waiting on the last 5. Giving them until Saturday as the momma was adding eggs to her nest for several days after we noticed her broody. It has a smell but I don’t think it smells rotten.
Oh ok gotcha! I had a staggered hatch, had to finish the rest of the eggs in my incubator.

Oh ok gotcha! I had a staggered hatch, had to finish the rest of the eggs in my incubator.
I just saw a chick peck at the pipped egg!! Is this bad? The mom is still sitting but had gotten up to eat with the chicks. She isn’t being as careful around the eggs though.

Back
Top Bottom