They hatched!!! supplemental heat?

Can you get an incubator today and raise the rest of the chicks that hatch in a brooder? Instead with mama?

Any box would do.
That means I’d be buying an incubator (I’ve asked locally and no one has an empty one) and a second brooder. No, I can’t do that.

Momma was still sitting on them when I left the house to take my children to an appointment. We will be back in a couple hours and I’ll assess.

Well, since you have a heat lamp, any container can be a brooder. TSC has cheap incubators, since your eggs are hatching soon, they wouldn't need to be turned.
It hatched!! She’s tiny. momma isn’t being careful around her. She’s gotten rolled once in the five minutes I’ve been standing here while momma is trying to show others how to scratch. I’ve got the heat lamp directly over babies and eggs in the corner out of mommas way for now.

Attachments

• 71893968-CAAB-4D61-9EA5-0164442BCAFD.jpeg
    71893968-CAAB-4D61-9EA5-0164442BCAFD.jpeg
    417.7 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    663.6 KB · Views: 1
It hatched!! She’s tiny. momma isn’t being careful around her. She’s gotten rolled once in the five minutes I’ve been standing here while momma is trying to show others how to scratch. I’ve got the heat lamp directly over babies and eggs in the corner out of mommas way for now.
Thank goodness!!!! She's all fluffy already! I would just add another feeding and watering station in the brooder and make sure it's warm. Can you candle the other eggs to see how far along they are?

Thank goodness!!!! She's all fluffy already! I would just add another feeding and watering station in the brooder and make sure it's warm. Can you candle the other eggs to see how far along they are?
A friend said momma and babies needed more space. I’ve got them in a set up for during day but I’m confident heat lamp isn’t warm enough for today’s hatchling. Friend then recommended I put today’s chick and eggs under heat lamp back in brooder but I’m afraid to separate mom and baby although mom isn’t nurturing her enough already.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    930.7 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom