THEY JUST HATCHED!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

notapandabear13

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 16, 2009
Michigan
Its day 20 and last night around 10 pm we had one lil polish hatch. Two more had pipped at that point. Around 2 am an EE hatched. Then this morning at 9:30 am (My sis, me, and my mom watched
pop.gif
from a small pip to a zip to a soggy chick over the course of 20 mins!
ep.gif
so cool!) :celebrateanother EE hatched. This was awesome considering the last two days the bator decided to mess with its temp. Spiked to 105 and fell to 96 multiple times.
he.gif
fl.gif

Anyways, the chicks that hatched last night are hopping around and bumping into all the other eggs! AH!!!! No egg is safe. So my question is when should i take the chicks out? I dont see any more pips yet but then again most of the eggs have been flipped so i really cant tell.
help!

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Leave them for at least 24 hours. I know it's hard to do you when think they're knocking the other eggs all over the place and making it hard for them to hatch. They won't hurt the other eggs. Opening the bator messes up the humidity and can cause the other eggs not to hatch. It dries out the air and essentially shrink wraps the unhatched chicks in their shells.

So sit on those hands, and don't open that bator.
lol.png

You can take them all out at the same time. Just wait about 24 hours so the others have a chance to hatch.

Quote:
This is my theory, odd I know because of all the jostling but it is natural so leave them be they will be just fine.

AL

Back
Top Bottom