They killed my babies... and got away with it. :(

Bricheze

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 17, 2008
So I keep my chickens at a farm where kids get to have 'ag-projects.' And I was really excited because I have wanted Silky chickens for years--and I finally got a hen and a rooster. This spring I was REALLY exicted because I was to have my first chicks hatch! The due date was sunday, monday, or today. My chicken was laying on 5 eggs.

Some kid went to feed this saturday (the other animals) and decided he wanted a few chicken eggs for dinner. And for whatever reason he felt entitled to mine. First off, this doesn't make sense--because he doesn't even own a chicken. So why does he get to take eggs from the chicken I own, the chicken I pay the feed for, and the chicken I even made a coop for? (yes me and 3 of my friends built the chicken coop) even if they weren't being hatched, they are MY eggs, from MY chicken, made by the feed I pay for, therefore, I'm the only one who is allowed to eat them, correct?

Next, I can't believe he is so stupid! Why would my chicken be allowed to sit on 5 eggs, why wouldn't we of collected them? Why did she probably peck his fingers off when he tried to get near? Idiot. After he brought them home, he should have realized his mistake after breaking one open, they were less then three days to hatching--fully formed with feathers and everything no doubt. Poor things must have suffered terribly... *tear*

So he should have realized his mistake and returned them--but instead he ate all of them. All of 5 of mine, 3 of my friends (he had 5 too, but 2 of them hatched and were sitting next to the mom when he took them!!)

So now I am chickless.. and rather depressed. I was so excited I almost want to cry.. I've been candling them for weeks... when the coop was empty on sunday...
sad.png
and they arne't even getting in trouble for taking my eggs without permission... I just don't get it. It's like forcing someone to have an abortion three days before the due date against there mom's will to eat the fetus... and getting away scotch free.

Plus, they came from a champion show rooster, they were worth at least 15$ each (75$ total) I hope he enjoyed his eggs.

sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

Remember this is a family board no swearing / foul language and no inappropriate "Adult" topics.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Children have parents that can and should be held accountable for thier childrens actions..... you are entitled to some sort of recompense, and the child needs the...... ( I am going to pause and not type what I really want to say here).

You need to raise a stink, pitch a fit, go nuts! What ever term you use, Get ticked, and do something about this. It is a sick child that will continue to open fully formed eggs after the first, and I dont care what anyone says, that child NEEDS counseling NOW, and better supervision.

You need to make some phone calls.

He is't a child he is freaking 17 years old. They said he just isn't very bright. Yeah, and his dad was there right along with him.

As a psych nurse I honestly have to say this kid has issues... he needs help and you need to as they put it "pitch a fit". This is so wrong on so many levels and I am SO sorry for your loss
sad.png
I lost 2 of mine last night.

Sounds like to me, the dad isn't any better than his 17 y/o son!! what are people thinking? I mean, a chick for crying out loud!!
somad.gif
I'd surely say something to these people, thats just plain cruel and stupid also!

You DEFINETLY need to make a phone call!
That little snots parents need to caugh up the $$$ to pay for those eggs!
I know that won't replace you chicks, but if the parents made the stupid kid pay for it, maybe it might teach him some kind of a lesson.
WHERE ARE THE PARENTS???!!!
somad.gif

Why are children allowed to do things like this, with out their parents stopping it, or fixing it once it is done?!?!
rant.gif

Did I understand you correctly...did the kid EAT chicks that were 3 days from hatching!!!???
sickbyc.gif

Have you talked to him/his parents to find out what happened?

Last edited:
No I just found out today... I was really too sad and disappointed to get ticked off.

Back
Top Bottom