They want to make it ALL illegal. What do you think of Senate Bill 510

"If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Here you go!​

Ok, I have been wickedly lazy but will have to look up what was passed and start some massive night time reading but catch me up here. If we sell nothing we grow or raise this has no bearing on us for now? Yes I know its a downward slope and I am sure something else will be done for all of us independent souls but for now is that where it stands?

Quote:
HeatherLynn, I think we're okay. "FOR NOW" is the key word. This means that we should go about our daily lives normally, but at the same time remain vigilant and proactive before they pull the rug out from under us. They're very sly about these things so don't expect this to be a headline story on the news.

I posted earlier in this thread Sen Sherrod Brown's (D-OH) e-mail response. Weeks later, I recieved Sen George Voinovich's (R-OH) written letter. In GV's letter, he defended the need for the FDA to "be able to respond quickly" to a contaminated food event.

I spent the weekend with some personal family and friends processing locally grown, healthy beef for my families use which I paid a nominal price to the farmer to help defray the expenses of raising said beef (and give him a little profit). These small time farmers I know are scared to death of this bill. The patriarch of the family has been doing this business for decades (counted as farm income for taxes) and has never had one complaint or issue. This type of activity is going to go underground, which will probably invite harsher retailiation when discovered.

so now with so many folks screaming no to bill 510. we suddenly have the national police catching terrorists trying to poison our food???
2+2=10!
bob
th.gif

Quote:
I'm still screaming "NO"! False flags are a great way for the government to make the public believe that they need them for their safety and security. Remember, "never allow a serious crisis go to waste" - Rahm Emanuel. Same reason people are willing to allow airport security to frisk them... Numerous other examples.

I still stand by this:

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

i just got a reply forom my senator, scott brown. i sensored out my real name (sorry.. im paranoid
hide.gif
)

Dear Elissa707,

Thank you for your letter regarding the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Food Safety Modernization Act (S. 510). I value your input on this issue and appreciate hearing from you.

In recent years, several outbreaks of foodborne illness have increased the public’s awareness of the health related risks to people in Massachusetts and across the nation. To that end, in March 2009, Senator Richard Durbin (D-IL) along with several Senate colleagues from both sides of the aisle introduced the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act. Updating our nation's food safety laws for the first time in 70 years, this bill strengthens the authority of the FDA to redouble its efforts to prevent and respond to food safety concerns. Specifically, the legislation expands current registration and inspection authority for FDA and re-focuses the FDA’s inspection procedures based on risk assessments, aimed to inspect high-risk facilities more frequently.

You may be interested to know that this bill does not change the existing jurisdictional boundaries between the FDA and the Department of Agriculture, but does give the FDA the power to order mandatory food recalls if a company does not comply with a voluntary request to recall its products. Also included are several protections for farms and small businesses, which are critical to protecting jobs and promoting growth in the farming and business industries in Massachusetts.

On November 30, 2010, S. 510 passed the Senate, with my support, on a bipartisan vote of 73-25. You may be interested to know that the Senate-approved version includes provisions that would exempt small-scale food producers if the majority of their food is sold directly to consumers within a 275-mile radius from where it was produced and their sales total less than $500,000 per year.

Currently, this legislation is awaiting further consideration by the House of Representatives. Please know that I recognize the importance of ensuring the safety of our food products, while also protecting the farming sector of local economies in Massachusetts and across the nation.

Again, thank you for sharing your views with me. If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact me or visit my website at www.scottbrown.senate.gov.

Sincerely,
Scott P. Brown
United States Senator

Back
Top Bottom