They will not get along! Help ASAP!

Yes - maybe find one hen to put with her, just as @1muttsfan suggested. If that doesn't work, you might consider rehoming her.

I made the same mistake. I gave my broody 1 chick. My broody raised that chick, but she has struggled. She's still bottom of the pecking order and a little neurotic. She was never injured, though. I will NEVER add only 1 ever again.

I have a new chicken that I am introducing to my flock. I have done all the stuff that they tell you to do online like keeping her isolated for 30 days introducing her at night all kinds of stuff but they will still attack her:hit. When she tries to get of the perch for food and water they attack! I am worried that she will get dehydrated! So do you have any tips on how to help them get along? Thanks!
Maybe take her somewhere else to eat and drink—now to help them get along I would have to be there to know and I am not:( idk what to do about that. If I were u, I’m afraid to say maybe u should cell or give her away I’m sorry to say:(

Also there may not be enough space to allow for that bubble of personal space around the boss hen. Do they ever get to run around your yard? That would give more space, at least at times.
Mary
I do put them out in the yard but I have not done it in a while but I will try to do it more often.
Thanks! :)

I maybe should have also said that I would separate them for probably a week or so once they are getting along before trying putting them back in with the main flock.
You could also put some cardboard up along the bottom of part of the divider. This would prevent the boss hens from constantly intimidating the birds in the smaller pen.

Last edited:
Yes - maybe find one hen to put with her, just as @1muttsfan suggested. If that doesn't work, you might consider rehoming her.

I made the same mistake. I gave my broody 1 chick. My broody raised that chick, but she has struggled. She's still bottom of the pecking order and a little neurotic. She was never injured, though. I will NEVER add only
Maybe let them all outside together where there is more room, and keep them separated inside until they are getting along better.
I will try that thanks!

Back
Top Bottom