They're all laying on their side...?

Yes, sunbathing. I too thought they were ill and dying the first time I saw it. Don't worry you have done nothing wrong, good that you asked. I did too some months ago!!

Anne

I thought the thread title meant egg laying on their side!
lol.png
Now that I would like to see!

I thought it meant egg laying on it's side too. But I'm glad the question was asked. I would have freaked out too. Don't feel silly. I thought one of my hens was attacking my other hens. Turns out she was a he and they were, you know. I guess I just never thought about how chickens mate. Scared me to death. We started putting her in the greenhouse at nite until one morning after letting her out she started crowing. Boy did I feel stupid!!!!!
tongue.png

They're fine...just like to freak us out...
One day I had Obelisk out and she was all sprawled out and I had a couple of Robins all sprawled out too. Looked like a massacre, but they were all sunbathing.

first time i saw my girls sunbathing there was only one doing it, i thought she had broken her wing or something i was all freaked out. then i hoped on here and their was a contest called wierd chickens or something like that and a learnedd they were sunbathing and i felt rather silly too!
idunno.gif

OH I remember that day that I put them in the sun and I thought they all died! Their first visit out and I killed them was what ran through my brain. My husband saw it for the first time about 2 or 3 days ago and thought he did something wrong....he had been putting up the aviary netting. I told him they were out for their afternoon sunbath and were find.

Back
Top Bottom