1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

They're hatching, they're hatching!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Cluck Wild Farm, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Cluck Wild Farm

Cluck Wild Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2013
    Southern Illinois
    This is my first time incubating eggs and they're hatching! I noticed the first pip last night (day 19). This morning I woke up and went to check on the eggs right away and found THIS. There are several other pips and I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of more babies. I'm trying not to hover over the incubator all day but it's so hard. I wanna actually see it happen, ya know? It's slow torture but so exciting! :D

[​IMG]

2. MyTMo

MyTMo Out Of The Brooder

Oct 22, 2014
    Novato, CA
    I can only imagine your excitement! I think I would have to take a few days off of work to hover! Congrats!

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire UK
    My Coop
    Congrats on your hatcher hope you have some more real soon :celebrate Its hard but the pull of the incubator will have you hovering without a doubt. I get a chair and cushion to watch to save my legs. Keep checking regular and you should see one hatch, It really is a remarkable thing to watch how they emerge from the egg.

Good luck with the rest of your hatch :fl

4. wyndotte lover

wyndotte lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2015
    Mississippi
    Congrats on you're first hatch

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by