They're heeeeeeereeeee!

I hope they perk up for you.
fl.gif

Well, I finallly have a chance to sit. WHEW!
caf.gif

I had lost one upon delivery. One passed shortly later. After struggling with 5 others one more passed. I have three that are iffy. I had two more go downhill. I've done what I can. I can't give them anymore sugar. I think one is one of my mottled bantams.
hit.gif
I'm just doing what I can.

BUT... on a happy note I can barely hear myself think with the others who are all "chatty". I'll take some more pics for ya'll later.

Thank you for celebrating with me. :) Now to see what I need to do with these eggs.

All of a sudden my chicken run and barn look VEEEEEERRRRYYYY small. LOL

Seems like you have lost more then I would consider "acceptable" shipping loss. Then again I am no expert in the field. Seems like 3-5 chicks lost is excessive. This is the major reason I am just waiting until the chicks show up in feed stores shortly. Good luck with the rest.
fl.gif

My shipment came today too, of 33 so far 8 have passed and two more likely will go too.

Man, I hate this part! I called and talked to the office and she said to call back Wed and let her know the total. Anybody know how many you lose before they ship replacements? I order the chicks I wanted, I really don't want a refund. :( I have a feeling that's what I'm going to get though.

Sorry to hijack the thread, here, just... I'm bummed.

I was going to wait too. But, I don't like what I get at the feed store. :( I wanted a variety. I didn't realize that the bigger breeds would fare SO much better than the smaller ones. The weather has been warm and nice. It only now just dropped to cold and they're already snuggled in their cages. :)

That and my local feed store usually just get's straight run chicks. If I could gamble as well as I can choose males out of hundreds of chicks I'd be rich.

So far they are perking up nicely. :) Three out of 30 have died. I don't think that's too bad but I won't be ordering any more "pretties" in the near future. Just too sad.

I didn't read every post ( I should be cooking dinner....
hide.gif
) but move the chicks onto paper towels, if you still have them on newspapers. newspapers are too slick and make it hard on their little legs, causing spraddle legs. Paper towels provide more grip and make it easier for the weak chicks to gain their footing.
smile.png

Oh man, so sorry about your losses!!!!!
hugs.gif
BUT so happy about all your alive ones! I am sooooo glad that i can just go and pick mine up from a local hatchery!

P.S. How many do you have!?!?!?!?!

Back
Top Bottom