They're here; they're home . . .

I will have to show you mine later. I got the little duckies outside playing in water. Putting the chicks and ducklings together hasn’t gone very well. So as of right now I have to separate my time with them. I’m thinking to start introducing the big chickens to the chicks soon. I just need to set them up an area that the big girls (and rooster) can’t hurt them.

Day 2: Flock is thriving. I changed out the puppy pads (fulla poop) this afternoon and replaced with wide wood chips (same as brooder no. 1 that is going.) I ordered some hemp this morning, looking forward to replacing the wood chips with it.

My lil bitty runt does not look so good now and this time I do NOT think he/she is sleeping. The others are walking over her (literally) and she/it is just laying there. :th Not meanting to sound cruel but if she is going to ahem transition I hope it is before tomorrow. I have a 48 hour window for refunds. One was DOA and now this one looks not so hot.

The two brooders are next to each other. It is so funny watching the "big" girls (as in 5 weeks old) trying to see what they are hearing next door.

Day 2: Flock is thriving. I changed out the puppy pads (fulla poop) this afternoon and replaced with wide wood chips (same as brooder no. 1 that is going.) I ordered some hemp this morning, looking forward to replacing the wood chips with it.

My lil bitty runt does not look so good now and this time I do NOT think he/she is sleeping. The others are walking over her (literally) and she/it is just laying there. :th Not meanting to sound cruel but if she is going to ahem transition I hope it is before tomorrow. I have a 48 hour window for refunds. One was DOA and now this one looks not so hot.

The two brooders are next to each other. It is so funny watching the "big" girls (as in 5 weeks old) trying to see what they are hearing next door.
Poor baby, can you touch her to see if she wakes up? Glad the rest are good 👍

Poor little thing! I hope she does better soon! Maybe because she is so little she gets worn out more than the others…🤷‍♀️. I have high hopes for her!

So sorry you lost her. I just got mine from cackle on Aug 5th they hatched on Aug 3rd as well. My mix up Lavender Orpingtons are feathering slower than the rest of them.
I have French Black Marans. And for whatever reason my Male has been missing some feathers on his back. I’m guessing that the bigger girls, there is 4 that are bigger, might be picking on him. The other girl is small like him but I don’t really see it on her. I can’t confirm that though cause when I’m checking on them they are still at the age they all are freaking out. But it’s the same spots as when I got him. So if he was picked on his feathers must be coming in extremely slow.

Also I got mine from Cackle. I got my first 18 from them and they are 11 weeks old today and doing great. Maybe it’s just the time of year. 🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom