1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

They're so afraid of us!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by PuddleSplash, Mar 20, 2013.

1. PuddleSplash

PuddleSplash Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2013
    Our khaki campbells are 2 weeks old and they're terrified of us. Whenever we walk toward their brooder they run to the other side and cram into the farthest corner from us.

Any tips to help them get used to us? :/

2. tomingreeneco

tomingreeneco Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    Greene County, PA
    When my Pekins were young I would place them in a small plastic basket and set it on my desk when I worked. Talked to them a lot and touched and held them often. As they grew I got bigger baskets. Make sure to have some treats nearby to give them (thawed frozen peas).

1 person likes this.
  3. kada6305

kada6305 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2013
    Kersey, Pennsylvania
    thats how my two khakis are I got from TSC yesterday, they are about 2 weeks old. start slowly...offer them food. try throwing treats at them and keep throwing them closer to you until eventually they will eat out of your hand. give them time :) I hold mine about 5 minutes each session I hold them away from me so they are facing me and talk/sing to them also hold them close to my body also. we have made some progress since yesterday :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by