THEY'VE ZIPPED FIVE DAYS EARLY!

Pics
Yes, I can remember back to when I only had 16! 😂

I've got the nine bigs an fourteen littles, and those littles really pack the chow down!

So 25 total right now, but the Pekin mix drake may go away come next spring, and I have yet to know how many drakes are part of the littles.
How do you rehome you drakes???? I have tried here in Ohio with no luck so they will end up on someone else's dinner table. I hate that too.

How do you rehome you drakes???? I have tried here in Ohio with no luck so they will end up on someone else's dinner table. I hate that too.
Well, we have a fairly active poultry group in my area, so that's one option.

Second option is to market them to herding groups, because Runner drakes are the duck of choice for such activities.

Who knows?

I do know that I am not in a hurry, so I'm not exploring all options at this time. 🙂

If I was to believe in aliens, these two rather large ducks might just be enough! 😆👽
20230719_100003.jpg

Well, we have a fairly active poultry group in my area, so that's one option.

Second option is to market them to herding groups, because Runner drakes are the duck of choice for such activities.

Who knows?

I do know that I am not in a hurry, so I'm not exploring all options at this time. 🙂
Thanks for letting me know. I was just curious as I wish I had other options. That is great that you have herding groups. My husband and I watched that video where they use ducks to clean out I think it might have been rice fields in another country. It was amazing to watch them all go get the bugs and leftovers and then climb back into back of a trailer that had several layers where they all knew how to get where they belonged. Someone on here had posted it once and it was the most amazing duck video I had ever seen.

That is great that you have herding groups.
You may too! Check for herding groups with the Humane Society, other keywords for searches would be 'Aussies' 'Australian Shepherds' and 'Border Collies'.
My husband and I watched that video where they use ducks to clean out I think it might have been rice fields in another country.
It was Indonesia
It was amazing to watch them all go get the bugs and leftovers and then climb back into back of a trailer that had several layers where they all knew how to get where they belonged.
Fantastic, huh? The epitome of working with nature rather than against it to produce healthy, natural foods! (So much for the myth that ducks can't eat raw rice, too)😁
Someone on here had posted it once and it was the most amazing duck video I had ever seen.
It's over on Business Insider if you're ever trying to find it again.

But ya, my littles have learned the path to their day pen from the coup without tarrying too much.

You may too! Check for herding groups with the Humane Society, other keywords for searches would be 'Aussies' 'Australian Shepherds' and 'Border Collies'.

It was Indonesia

Fantastic, huh? The epitome of working with nature rather than against it to produce healthy, natural foods! (So much for the myth that ducks can't eat raw rice, too)😁

It's over on Business Insider if you're ever trying to find it again.

But ya, my littles have learned the path to their day pen from the coup without tarrying too much.
Thank you for knowing what I was talking about. How do you get to Business Insider??? Go to the search button on here. I am not good at navagating on here, shucks, I can't even spell it let alone do it!!! LOL

I was confused, it was Thailand! No wonder I couldn't find it from the BI homepage! 🤪

https://www.businessinsider.com/thailand-farmers-field-chasing-ducks-rice-paddies-2020-10
Thank you so much my friend. I love watching this!!!!
I was confused, it was Thailand! No wonder I couldn't find it from the BI homepage! 🤪

https://www.businessinsider.com/thailand-farmers-field-chasing-ducks-rice-paddies-2020-10
I just love how much they help those people over there and then I think about my own and how much they help me by feeding me daily. They are the only pet I have ever had that I feed them and in return they feed me. lol

Back
Top Bottom