THEY'VE ZIPPED FIVE DAYS EARLY!

How many Males and females did you end up with? I was just curious.
Funny you should ask, because some of the males are starting to voice! At least one came over to say, "Good morning, where's the grub?" 😁

I'm not sure about half of them, but oddly, I did do this brood because I couldn't see paying $85 to get two drakes shipped from Metzner.
20230728_114627.jpg

Funny you should ask, because some of the males are starting to voice! At least one came over to say, "Good morning, where's the grub?" 😁

I'm not sure about half of them, but oddly, I did do this brood because I couldn't see paying $85 to get two drakes shipped from Metzner. View attachment 3591862
The one standing up tall in the middle of the pic is so pretty

I'm not sure about half of them, but oddly, I did do this brood because I couldn't see paying $85 to get two drakes shipped from Metzner. View attachment 3591862
Beautiful Ducks!!! That is why I let those 4 eggs hatch out wanting another female mallard duckling but I should have known better. I was hoping her sister had laid the eggs and not the one that always throws off drakes but either way the four were drakes. I had the man I let have them confirm it when he processed them and he texted me to let me know I was right, all drakes. I would have been more heart broken if one would have been a hen. I hope you can find homes for any extra drakes you need to get rid of if you do have to. I was not lucky enough to.

Beautiful Ducks!!! That is why I let those 4 eggs hatch out wanting another female mallard duckling but I should have known better. I was hoping her sister had laid the eggs and not the one that always throws off drakes but either way the four were drakes. I had the man I let have them confirm it when he processed them and he texted me to let me know I was right, all drakes. I would have been more heart broken if one would have been a hen. I hope you can find homes for any extra drakes you need to get rid of if you do have to. I was not lucky enough to.
When I was buying duckling food, the gal at the counter told me that she had just hatched nine chicken eggs and got ALL ROOSTERS! 😱

When I was buying duckling food, the gal at the counter told me that she had just hatched nine chicken eggs and got ALL ROOSTERS! 😱
I know the feeling. Out of all of the ducklings I have hatched which is over 25 there have been 2 females. I should have known my luck but you always think things may change or I was hoping all of the eggs were not hers.

My Fawn and White Runner gal looks just like your one standing tall in the picture. Her markings are the same. They are such funny ducks and I love the two gals I ended up getting. I was lucky there.

If I decide to get any more hens down the line I will get them from Metzer since I have had such good luck in the past other than not pinioning them. To me it will be worth the money because of the heartbreak of sending the drakes to someone's freezer camp and the feed and care for them only to have to get rid of them.

Back
Top Bottom