THEY'VE ZIPPED FIVE DAYS EARLY!

Plenty of feed for all? Small ones sometimes get pushed away.
Plenty of feed for all? Small ones sometimes get pushed away.
Unfortunately, I had a surrogate taking care of the ducklings for a few days and they didn't get the care that you or I would have given them.
That duckling needed some sugar water and coddling to get back into the game.
It's getting plenty to eat now and also will 'throw elbows' to get food when mealtime starts!
So, to answer your question, it may not have got all the food it wanted for a couple days, but for the past seven days they've all still had food left when they've stopped eating to nap. They are still getting wet mash but I think they're almost ready for dry crumble.

Unfortunately, I had a surrogate taking care of the ducklings for a few days and they didn't get the care that you or I would have given them.
That duckling needed some sugar water and coddling to get back into the game.
It's getting plenty to eat now and also will 'throw elbows' to get food when mealtime starts!
So, to answer your question, it may not have got all the food it wanted for a couple days, but for the past seven days they've all still had food left when they've stopped eating to nap. They are still getting wet mash but I think they're almost ready for dry crumble.
Mine have never had wet mash. I have always started them out with plenty of fresh water and dry crumble. They have always done good. They were mostly Mallards but also Khaki Campbell, Runners and Muscovy. I am glad to see that yours are doing so well. They sure are cutie pies!!!

First swimming day yesterday!

Attachments

• 20230625_144617.jpg
    20230625_144617.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
I got a silver with our very first hatch have not gotten one since
Well, dad is gone so his genetics won't be a factor in the next brood.
I will be working on getting another drake for next spring. I'm certain that this guy isn't a pure runner.

Attachments

• 20230626_135247.jpg
    20230626_135247.jpg
    679.2 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom