Thin shell at the top?

Eggs often vary widely. Most often for no real reason. If they arent already maybe you could try supplementing their diet with calcium (layer feed, oyster shell), but I would imagine her system is just working a bit off for a bit. Doesnt sound like anything serious to me!:D
Yes we give them layer feed and free choice oyster shell. Thank you for your encouragement!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 5
I just saw this bird vomit. Ugh. Does that symptom go along with anything that would cause shell probs? We are lucky in that we know exactly which bird it is, she’s the only one who lays blue eggs. Lucky in that I suppose. All other shells are perfect for now :( I am definitely going to do the soaked grain and crushed oysters 3x per week private breakfast. Thanks aart and rosemary.

Not sure I would assume a wonky shell gland is due to serious disease.
Sometimes they just go funky, especially in their second or third season of laying.
Thank you aart! The wierd thing is that the shell isn’t wierd every single day. She will lay one or two perfect eggs each week. I am soooo hoping it’s not serious disease :(.

Awesome aart, thank you. We feed sunrise organic layer feed that does have cracked grain in it. How long do I soak it? And what feeders should I use for this? Right now we have the galvanized hanging feeders, I can’t imagine putting wet food and it going well lol. Thanks aart we will try this. Should we give this hen some extra calcium? I have powdered calcium I could mix into a scrambled egg. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom