Thin shells from laying pullet

Pampered chicken girl

🎶My angels and demons at war with myself🎶
Premium Feather Member
Apr 10, 2022
So my barred rock silkie cross started laying about a month ago. It was thin shelled but I thought nothing of it cuz she had just started, but now the eggs are constantly thin sometimes one side is almost shell less and the other is thin. Everyone else has good shells even the other pullet her age they all get Purina flock Raiser and have free choice oyster shell. She doesn't lay very often but also has very thin membrane and no aircell no matter how long the egg is on the counter. Os there anything to help her or should I just let it be?

So my barred rock silkie cross started laying about a month ago. It was thin shelled but I thought nothing of it cuz she had just started, but now the eggs are constantly thin sometimes one side is almost shell less and the other is thin. Everyone else has good shells even the other pullet her age they all get Purina flock Raiser and have free choice oyster shell. She doesn't lay very often but also has very thin membrane and no aircell no matter how long the egg is on the counter. Os there anything to help her or should I just let it be?
She probably isn't eating the oyster shell. Have you considered switching to a layer type feed? If not I highly recommended you consider switching.

She probably isn't eating the oyster shell. Have you considered switching to a layer type feed? If not I highly recommended you consider switching.
I was on it but lots of people on here were telling me since I have a roo to go off layers

Back
Top Bottom