Things got Bloody today!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by noshoes, Jan 20, 2011.

1. noshoes

noshoes Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2007
    Tampa Bay, Florida
  2. mychookschick

mychookschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Maine
    [​IMG] YIKES!! You need to clean that up and get Blu-kote (or something similar) or they will literally eat each other alive! [​IMG]

3. The Turken Lady

The Turken Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:WOAH!! [​IMG] Yes,that's a good idea. I had on who got his neck pecked to the MUSCLE AND BONE. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] He survived and his skin grew back. [​IMG] Blu-kote worked like a charm,that's what we put on him. [​IMG]
    Hope nothing like that happens to him.. [​IMG]

4. Lostbody

Lostbody Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2010
    Oakland, CA
    What is this Blu-kote you speak of?

5. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Quote:You can find it at Tractor Supply and similar places. It's basically an antiseptic that colors dark blue/purplish. It's good to camouflage blood and evidently has a nasty taste as well.

6. wildorchid053

wildorchid053 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    syracuse area, ny
    bluekote is a blue antiseptic that helps camoflague the sores and scabs. definately keep and eye on your chicken. once they have tasted blood they are pretty hard to stop from pecking again.. i have a rooster that gets pecked severly by hens and roos.. even caught the hens drinking the drips off his comb.. he is in a coop alone for now. it has happened to him twice.. he will have to stay alone . good luck with your chicken. mine was fine all summer with his hens then snow time came and they were after him again..seems it has happened for the last two winters..

7. noshoes

noshoes Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2007
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Thank you for all the chicken advice I will be very vigilant and make sure there are no problems.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by