Things Irritating relatives do...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Dec 25, 2008.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Like say they will come so you are counting on 10 people for dinner.... then 4 of them change their mind AFTER the turkey is done. [​IMG] Anyone want some really, really moist roasted turkey? And about 4 lbs of fudge? And 8 dozen chocolate chip cookies??????

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Hellvagirl

Hellvagirl Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2008
    Ellijay,GA
    you deliver??? [​IMG]

3. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

know what you mean...actually the opposite. I invited my brother and SIL (and family)...and she invites her family and her in-laws from the other side without telling me! WHO DOES THAT???? I certainly don't mind the people, but I'd like to have them a chair ready and maybe some dinner! DUH!

Obviously, I am not letting my previous post go quite yet! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. debilorrah

Dixie I always cook too much food just in case someone brings someone, but this time - OMG!!!! I had a 21 lb turkey for 4 people. I mean really! Who is ever gonna eat that much turkey. And it just happens to be the BEST one I have ever made!

5. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Tell me the next turkey roast and I'll send my SIL over there....better yet....I'll just come!!! I love it when people cook for me!! [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

It's funny because my mom swears by basting the heck out of a turkey and I was so busy today I only basted it a couple times. I took it out and the darned leg bone fell out!!!! YUM!

7. DLS

DLS Chillin' With My Peeps

debiraymond , sounds like you have a problem I COULD USE. every one comes to my house & brings every hungry relitive & friend they can find. These people can crunch up, drink, & eat every thing in sight & what they don't eat they carry home with them.
    today 2 turkeys & 1 HUGE ham. + loads of all the trimmings= ALL GONE!!![​IMG] Cdebiraymond COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS!!

8. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey! you know you can send that stuff on over to Elly! I got a new bottle of rolaids PLUS the pepcid ac you gave me the other night, lol.

9. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Hey! More turkey sandwiches for you! Nothing better than a toasted bread turkey sandwich with a little Miracle Whip on it. Yummy!
    Send me some of that turkey. I'll put it to good use. We didn't cook a very big one this year and I didn't bring home enough for but one sandwich. [​IMG]

AND the turkey carcass will make a yumola pot of turkey veggie stew. My dad always makes that for us and it's fabulous. I really miss living at home sometimes.

Sorry your family was a pain in the tookus!

10. debilorrah

I would love to run out of food because there were too many people.... I hate busting my rear all darned day and then having them cancel at the last minute......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by