Things that make you go awe

Lacey1988

Songster
8 Years
Apr 7, 2011
Mississippi
Almost everyone on here knows my BO Blondie hatched out 9 eggs...Well like everyone else I've been worrying about their safety so I separated them from the other chickens...I have them in a pen inside the pen and every morning they would be out roaming with the others chickens so I said "What the heck" and just let them mingle.Well today I seen the sweetest thing: it was just Blondie, her babies, and my roo Romeo out in the pen the rest were going to roost..... My heart dropped as I seen him make his way to the chicks when all of a sudden a cricket jumped out.He hurried over and grabbed it then what came next warmed my heart he called all the babies over there and give them the cricket it was sooo sweet
love.gif
....Don't find it sweet when a big ole roo feeds a little bitty chick

that's just SO sweet!!! i wonder if hens would do that? one of my girls worked real hard to catch a bug outta mid-air the other day...i was watching her out my kitchen window. i was so proud of her! then her friend came by and stole it right out of her mouth! how unfair is that???

My rooster does that same thing.I watched him kill a locast today & he makes a cluckin noise.The chicks & my momma hen come running & he lets them have it. If I throw bread out,he does the same thing. Im guessin this is a rooster thing.

Back
Top Bottom