THings to do while waiting for the chicks to hatch?

Waiting, that's what I'm doing. I've been on line today for at least 2 hours, read tons of stuff on this forum. Only got in about 1 hour of school with the girls, I'm just too distracted to do homeschool! We have one pipping, it is the one that peeped when I was candling it last night. (I had had some high temps and wanted to see if the chicks were still alive.)

We are basically staring at the window. I am doing the carton thing this time.

Samara

Have 28 fertile eggs in bator, cochins, bantam cochins, 2 BO's, 2 SUS, 2 phoenix, 4 marans, a couple silver seabrights.

I am sooo nervous right now. I feel like a kid the night before going to disneyworld for the first time.
Oh i got one more i will do a fresher up on my wood working skills and build a birdhouse tomorrow.
Given that i can have the car it doesnt rain and the motorcycle starts.

Get ready to document your hatch. That's what I did.

Do you have a camcorder? Get that book out and learn about stop action photography - that is very cool.

It took me all day to figure that out, get the tripod just right, get the angle I wanted, then make sure the rest of my room looked tidy in the shot (can't have that!).

It will come on in whatever interval you set, video for a set period of time and then shut down until the next interval. Then you will be able to condense the entire event into a few minutes of video. Those chicks will be FLYING out of those eggs! LOL

I love this post, this is fun.

On Saturday, I looked in the bator, did the dishes, woke up the kids, checked the bator, made breakfast, checked the bator, took a shower, checked the bator, did a load of wash, went to Home Depot, checked the bator, did another load of wash, helped my husband put siding on the new coop and found a wicked cute chick in the bator. And that was egg 1.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

lau.gif
can you imagine the shipping charge on that one.....

I came in from the barn, checked thebator, did a few last minute cleaning things, checked the bator. Unloaded and re-loaded the dishwasher, then cooked dinner, checked the bator.
Began to wonder how disgusted my parents (who are coming up for a few days) would be if I stuck the tote/brooder with my week old chicks on the dining table near the hatcher so they could cheer on the eggs
yippiechickie.gif

Hey Conny63Malies , is that cake done yet????

Quote:
Baked it took it out to cool checked my bator. When i came back there were teeth marks on the cake and in the living room sat a two year old denying she did it all while smiling at me with her facecovered in crumbs.
So that side got cut of a bit and i put some extra frosting on.

Back
Top Bottom