Things to do with chicken feathers

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by CariLynn, Apr 16, 2011.

1. CariLynn

CariLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    State of confusion
    One of the hobbies in my life is driving a team of Percheron draft mares in a club that does pleasure driving on estates that others open up to us for the day. When we go, we must dress nice and casual is nice dress pants for woman, a nice blouse and a hat. So, because I need hat for a more casual yet go with everything days, I called a lady who makes my hats and this is what she came up with. I sent her a baggy of chicken feathers I collected when they molted, so it is from several different hens, my roo Chief contributed a few of his tail feathers:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is my team, Trixie and Smoke, on our restored Thornhill freight wagon that took me 8 weeks of hard work to do. My husband did help me do some of the fine painting and another friend helped with some technical restoration of the under carriage and brake system.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Absolutely beautiful, hat and team, you go girl!

3. RoeDylanda

RoeDylanda Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2010
    Central CT
    Lovely hat, lovelier team! I love those big heavy horses. [​IMG]

4. MetalSmitten

MetalSmitten Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    bloomington, indiana
    those are gorgeous horses [​IMG] and what a lovely hat! love the way the tail feather looks in the bunch, she did a nice job arranging them.

5. juliette2009

juliette2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2009
    Wadmalaw Island, SC
    I LOVE THAT HAT!

Juliette

6. k.cebula32

k.cebula32 Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2011
    my friend Anna is an artist and makes crazy funky fun hair peices and hats like that..is there anyway that you could continue collecting feathers and I'll either buy them from you or trade you some other type of hair peices! We usually go pick up feathers from her own chickens but we have so many people wanting things that we're running out of feathers!

7. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    [​IMG] [​IMG] one for the hat and one for the horses

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by