Things you wish you could say

Time for the kids to take over dishwashing duty. They'll start reusing their water glasses right quick.
OH I agree completely.

One night I got so cross about it (we had a problem at the time where certain of the teenagers hoarded dirty dishes and literally 2 minutes after I set a full dishwasher going and sat down - they'd deposit all the dirties on the bench) .. I made them "hand wash" their dishes before I would let them leave to where they needed to go.

That caused a minor disagreement with the other half - until I brought out the aforementioned photographic proof. He then had to concede that maybe I had a point <3

Something someone sent me recently ...

Game Show Facts.jpg

OH I agree completely.

One night I got so cross about it (we had a problem at the time where certain of the teenagers hoarded dirty dishes and literally 2 minutes after I set a full dishwasher going and sat down - they'd deposit all the dirties on the bench) .. I made them "hand wash" their dishes before I would let them leave to where they needed to go.

That caused a minor disagreement with the other half - until I brought out the aforementioned photographic proof. He then had to concede that maybe I had a point <3
And then there's me who battles constantly to just hand wash my own dishes instead of handwashing my own as well as unloading and loading the dishwasher. I'm not the parent in this scenario, but I don't see why I should have to do everyone's dishes because they would rather not hand wash when they're finished using them

(I've been hand washing since early middleschool, so this really is not a new argument for me)

And then there's me who battles constantly to just hand wash my own dishes instead of handwashing my own as well as unloading and loading the dishwasher. I'm not the parent in this scenario, but I don't see why I should have to do everyone's dishes because they would rather not hand wash when they're finished using them

(I've been hand washing since early middleschool, so this really is not a new argument for me)
I have a saying in my house.. which some have come to appreciate and some not so much..

"If there are five people in this house creating work then there are five people in this house that have a duty to do the work"

The usual expectation is.. if you are sitting at home and not doing anything useful you WILL be expected to do more housework than the people who have been at work all day.

I have a saying in my house.. which some have come to appreciate and some not so much..

"If there are five people in this house creating work then there are five people in this house that have a duty to do the work"

The usual expectation is.. if you are sitting at home and not doing anything useful you WILL be expected to do more housework than the people who have been at work all day.
And that would be quite fair except that I'm not just sitting at home. I'm a full time college student who also has a part time job. I'd be more than willing to do more than my share if I was just chilling around most of the day

I so wish I could do this with the roommate's pet. He works 3-4 days a week while the roommate and I both have fulltime jobs. Guess who does all of the housework? The roommate and I, of course.

He doesn't lift a finger unless specifically told to, and then puts in the minimum amount of effort to get it done. And he hates being called lazy.

I so wish I could do this with the roommate's pet. He works 3-4 days a week while the roommate and I both have fulltime jobs. Guess who does all of the housework? The roommate and I, of course.

He doesn't lift a finger unless specifically told to, and then puts in the minimum amount of effort to get it done. And he hates being called lazy.
The truth hurts.

Wait. I just remembered you're boring and my legs work.

Don't remember the sitcom, but this cracks me up every time I think of it. Yes, I've used it. Tends to upset some people.

Because they know I'm right. :D
I have a feeling ‘someone’s gonna find’ that sitcom soon enough....

Back
Top Bottom