Things you wish you could say

I'm pretty sure most drivers around here consider turn signals optional.
Here in NJ, it's a well-known fact that using turn signals gives other drivers an unfair advantage -- they may use the knowledge of where you're going! To counter this, many Jerseyites turn on their blinkers, and never turn them off, or go in the opposite direction! :idunno Driving around careless people is tough.

My good friend/college buddy works for the RCMP (smirks)
Why the smirk? Don't you love our Mounties on horseback. Maybe you should watch "When calls the heart" series.
you're supposed to live each day as if it were your last---not drive to make it your last
I wish people would just drive the speedlimit. I'm so sick of people getting mad at me for not driving faster than it on our road
Wow I think I was misunderstood. I am not a speeder or a risk taking driver. I do go the speed limit though. Driving below the posted speed can cause accidents because of the yahoos (not me) who crash by trying to pass at any opportunity. If a person is not comfortable driving the posted speed maybe they should consider not driving especially on multi-lane highways.

I have driven an RV coast to coast in Canada and certainly understand how annoying it is to have people on my bumper because I'm not going as fast as they thought I should. I would pull over, when safe, and let others pass me.

My Better-half shared her theory some 13-14 years ago with me about a specific type of driver..... the “fast lane slow poke” is sadly so accurate around the areas we drive a lot: DFW, lake area, I-45 corridor, through Houston and around Galveston. She is able to call’um at 100% while I’m only at ~85-90%. This *slow poke* is driving in the fart left lane at typically 55-65mph; mind you these sections of road are always 5-15mph posted above these drivers. Who are they? Guys talking on their cell phone—- hand to their ear, 75% of the time & nose tilted up as we pass then on their right side. The overwhelming majority???? While older males. And I’m in the demographic group.

I keep threatening to make a bumper/window sticker “Hands free, headset or hang up & drive.”

To the driver in front of me on my way to town:

No, I don't want you to speed but I do want you to drive at least the speed limit. Don't speed up at the few areas where I could safely pass you. You don't have to break just because a car is passing you going the other direction. Maybe next time, let someone else drive.
no--I got what you said and agree! I was continuing on the bad driving theme

Why the smirk? Don't you love our Mounties on horseback. Maybe you should watch "When calls the heart" series.
No disrespect at all! In fact I have knowledge I can’t share publicly - “where they work.” That’s the smirk. And when they pulled us over at a Tim Hortons about 2AM - I was driving the U-haul. And they wanted to inspect the back. I warned them I needed to put my arm up under the door as I raised it to keep 2 things from possibly falling on me as I opened the door. The dolly and a tall post lamp..... they were amazed at our tetris job as well how we had everything organized and stuff. In the end they asked what were we doing at such a late hour.... my friend told them where we were headed and where she was starting work on Monday. (Starts to giggle as they were flipping through the 3 ring binder they my friend had set up for easy access to all documents and her work orders for the RCMP.... when they got to that one of the officers asked what was I in all this..... college buddy/ Navy search & rescue veteran.... and I was going to fly back once they were moved in in 2 days.....

oh the joy of being believed and respected. And the laughter from the female OPP who was amazed that when she saw the details of were in the RCMP my friend was going to work - she paused and had an awkward silence when she showed her partner. [redacted department]

Last edited:
I keep threatening to make a bumper/window sticker “Hands free, headset or hang up & drive.”
Too late. We already have those bumper stickers here. What I want is one printed backwards that I can put on the front of my vehicle. Then when the idiot looks in their rearview mirror, they can read it. Oh wait - using mirrors - silly me.

Too late. We already have those bumper stickers here. What I want is one printed backwards that I can put on the front of my vehicle. Then when the idiot looks in their rearview mirror, they can read it. Oh wait - using mirrors - silly me.
Oh I also wanted it for the front bumper/window as well.

Back
Top Bottom