Things you wish you could say

What I would like to say to some people, and we all know at least one person this applies to:

When someone finished telling a story, it is polite to say things like, 'oh, that's funny', 'how scary', or 'I hope it works out for you'. You are annoying when you always feel the need to follow-up with your own story that you think is better, funnier, scarier, or whatever. I have already tuned out as soon as you opened your mouth.

Here's one I'm afraid I DID say.
In 2006, just after Katrina, I was in lower Manhattan. Like on the seawall near the ferries, watching some guys fishing. They were placing their fish in plastic grocery bags while I was complimenting them on their catch. A well dressed lady walked up behind us and in a concerned voice asked " Won't those fish suffocate because they're in a plastic bag?"
I said" Oh, no ma'am. They will suffocate because they're out of the water."

Here's one I'm afraid I DID say.
In 2006, just after Katrina, I was in lower Manhattan. Like on the seawall near the ferries, watching some guys fishing. They were placing their fish in plastic grocery bags while I was complimenting them on their catch. A well dressed lady walked up behind us and in a concerned voice asked " Won't those fish suffocate because they're in a plastic bag?"
I said" Oh, no ma'am. They will suffocate because they're out of the water."
I love that whole conversation

Apparently racoon videos are a 'thing' with the kids right now. When I told DD about the racoon trapped in the attic she showed me this.
かわいい! I read a book a long time ago called Little Rascal by Sterling North. He raised a raccoon, and I remember him doing the same thing with sugar cubes. Little Rascal did the same thing. Tried to wash the first few, then learned to just eat them.

Back
Top Bottom